These days your subscribers are inundated with hundreds of emails, so finding ways to improve and make your email campaign stand out is crucial.
Creating a sense of urgency is a great way to get your readers to take action in your campaign. There are many ways to do this, and we have recently added a new feature to make adding a sense of urgency that much easier.
Cue the countdown timer!
Our drag and drop template builder now has the feature of adding a count down timer to your campaigns. Give your campaigns a real sense of urgency and encourage your readers to take action by adding in a countdown timer where applicable.
Our countdown timer is a live updating timer that will automatically count down to your set date. Letting your readers know exactly when they need to take action.
Countdown timer best practices (thanks to our friends at Campaign Monitor)
- Clarity – make sure you are clear about what you’re counting down to.
- Use timers with care – Don’t use a count down timer in every you send. Use countdown timers tactically.
- Keep it above the fold – countdown timers create a sense of urgency so to maintain the importance have your timer above the fold.
- Keep your CTA close and keep it powerful – have a call to action that grabs your readers attention and keep it close to your timer to maximise urgency.
- Keep it simple – don’t overwhelm your readers, if you are using a countdown timer avoid using other moving elements such as gifs.
- Test, test and test again – Use our A/B testing feature and see how useful the countdown timer is with your audience
If you would like to use this feature for your business, feel free to get in touch with our sales department on email@example.com. Our countdown timer is currently available to all our subscription clients, so add a countdown timer to your campaign today.